Important Coronavirus Information
Posted March 17, 2020 by Jennifer G
With increasing concern and news surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), XLDent wants to inform you, our customer, that we have a plan in place to ensure continued service and support of your business. As we navigate these difficult times, we want to share some of the steps XLDent is taking to continue to serve you.
- XLDent has proactively taken steps to minimize in-person contact by implementing remote work environments for XLDent staff.
- All staff functions are fully operational in a remote setting. Over the past 12 months, XLDent has been working on implementing digital tools which have allowed just this; some of which includes cloud phone and meeting software, cloud-based customer support software, and remote support tools.
- XLDent staff will be minimizing travel and instead taking advantage of web training options when possible.
- Our support staff will continue to be available via phone as normal, between 7am – 5pm CST.
- All products and services provided by XLDent remain active and we do not anticipate interruption of service.
- While we may experience higher than normal call volumes during this developing situation, we appreciate your continued support and patience.
In the event your practice needs to communicate with patients, XLDent has a couple options to facilitate this. Lighthouse 360 customers may use a custom message and email addresses already in Lighthouse to send mass communications. For specific guidance in doing this, please contact Lighthouse support directly at 888-427-5454. If your practice is not currently using Lighthouse and would like more information about it, contact XLDent.
To use XLDent and Microsoft Outlook for sending the communication, a list of active patient email addresses may be exported from XLDent, and Outlook or other email program can be utilized for sending. The following steps can be taken to retrieve the email list and use Outlook to send the email.
You may have or will experience dental payers that have limited processing to only claims received electronically. Some carriers have temporarily stopped processing paper claims. If this affects your practice, please take time to review your current payers to maximize your electronic submission capability. View the current payer list here and update payers with the appropriate Submission Type, Payer ID, Payer Office. If you do not have the ability to submit attachments electronically, XLDent Claim Attachment service is available to do so. The activation setup fee is currently being waived for this. Contact your XLDent Account Executive for more information on utilizing this service.
We understand that challenging times often come when we least expect it. In an effort to offer greater flexibility and more comprehensive services, in recent months XLDent has launched two new solutions: XLDent Cloud and XLDent IT. XLDent Cloud allows practices to relocate their XLDent data to the cloud. This can provide practices the benefit of eliminating the need for an XLDent file server in the office while using the same XLDent software to run their practice. This can also offer greater flexibility to those who have employees working remotely as well as multiple location practices.
XLDent IT is a comprehensive solution for cyber security, network and system maintenance, anti-virus protection, and support, in a managed environment. For information on either of these solutions, contact the XLDent team.